We are currently hiring for PCA’s in the Winona, MN area. This is a direct hire position. As a PCA you will help aging and disabled individuals perform routine living activities. You will work in the home and help the clients with daily activities, such as bathing and bathroom functions, feeding, grooming, taking medication, and some housework. While caring for clients in their home, you may also have to provide transportation to appointments or run other errands. You may also provide companionship to your clients. You’ll be expected to keep detailed client records, be able to provide covered PCA services according to the clients care plan, respond appropriately to clients needs and report changes in the client’s condition.
Administrative Duties and Responsibilities
Timely and accurate completion of:
1. Time Sheets and Hours Worked
2. Verification of Services forms
Adhere to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy policies and procedures. Maintain confidentiality of all information pertaining to clients, families and employees.
Maintain positive working relationships with Global Home Health Care staff, community providers and referral sources.
Education and Experience
Must successfully complete one of the following:
- A nursing assistant training program or equivalent for which competency as a nursing assistant is determined according to testing administered by the State Board of Vocational Technical Education;
- A homemaker/home health aide pre-service training program using a curriculum recommended by the Minnesota Department of Health;
- An accredited educational program for LPNs or RNs;
- A training program that provides the individual with the skills required to perform personal care assistance services.
Have one (1) or more years of experience in a home care setting.
Be authorized to work in the U.S.
Have a valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance, if applicable.
Be able to pass a Minnesota Department of Human Services background check.
Strong organizational and problem solving skills.